On this episode we explore ways foundations can support civic engagement projects, including lobbying. Many listeners may be familiar with general operating grants, but today we’re joined by an expert to share with us a secret weapon called the project grant rule, what it is, how it works, and who can benefit. It is our honor to be joined by Abby Levine who is associate general counsel for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. If Abby’s name sounds familiar, she was Bolder Advocacy’s Director for over a decade, and we are thrilled she’s agreed to join us.
Our Attorneys for This Episode:
We Dive Into Some FAQs
- What is unique about project grants?
- Why did the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Bolder Advocacy partner to create the Project Grant Rule Hub for foundation and projects of public charities?
- What resources will visitors find at the Project Grant Rule Hub?
- Can project grant dollars really be used by projects for legislative campaigns and lobbying?
- Are there any tips you can share about using the Project Grant Rule for foundations?
- What tips do you have for grantees who receive a project grant?
THE PROJECT GRANT RULE HUB
- Explainer videos on the project grant rule in English
- En español: ¿Qué es el Project Grant Rule?
- For Foundations – How to Use the Project Grant Rule
- For Grantees – How to Use the Project Grant Rule